|Season||Big Brother 15|
|Votes To Win||7|
|Alliances|| The Goof Troupe|
|Loyalties|| GinaMarie Zimmerman|
|HOH Wins||3 (Week 7, Day 82 & Week 12)|
|Times Nominated||1 (Week 9)|
|Veto Wins||2 (Week 7 & Day 83)|
Andy Herren was the winner of Big Brother 15. Playing an extremely quiet game in the beginning, Andy waited until the 3 A.M. alliance to pick up his gameplay. He was known for his deception and for backstabbing many other HouseGuests. Despite being deemed a "rat" by viewers and contestants alike, Andy was granted the win in a final vote of 7–2.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Andy Herren
Hometown: Aurora, Ill.
Lives: Chicago, Ill.
Marital Status: Single
Three adjectives that describe you: Friendly, funny and red.
Favorite Activities: Improv, eating candy, watching TV, running, laughing with friends, playing with puppies as they walk down the street, teaching, making lists, ranking things, teaching my family’s cockatiel to call my dad “gurl,” messing with people, eating ice-cream too fast and being adorable.
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the “Big Brother” house? Not having any privacy. I would be lying if I said I don’t find this intimidating. Also, the prospect of slop is something I have regular nightmares about. I just…can’t.
Strategy for winning “Big Brother”: I would start by playing a covertly aggressive game. I would lay low on the surface and be friendly to everyone (if this is possible) while secretly establishing a concrete alliance with people I have deemed the most trustworthy. I would scope out the house very quickly for these people, as I know you need to act soon to solidify trust and bonds. I’m quite good at reading people, so I would choose people I felt comfortable with, as well as people others would not expect me to align with. I also think my background in communications improv would be great strengths. Through communication and public speaking, I know how to say what people want to hear and through improv I am able to lie without batting an eye. I’m a smiley, friendly person, so nobody will see it coming when I stab them in the back.
Which past “Big Brother” cast member did you like most or least? My two favorites of all time are Britney and Ragan from season 12. I think I would have been BFFs with each of them, and I think I would have given Ragan the kick in the pants he needed to go far in the game. I thought he played a good social game (as he seemed to be genuinely well-liked by everyone), but I thought he wasn’t aggressive enough. He never made the big moves that I know he is capable of. Britney was similar. I would have smacked some sense into her and gotten her away from Lane. Her Diary Room confessions were like windows to my soul. She always said what I was thinking. They both made it far, but with me in the house during their season I think one of them (or me) could have won.
What are you afraid of? I am slightly afraid of heights, but it is not crippling or anything. I am terrified of bees, though. And people who enjoy Tyler Perry movies.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? There is a wall of graffiti on the first floor girls bathroom of the English Building at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign that is solely dedicated to me. Quips include, “I AM IN LOVE WITH ANDY HERREN,” “Ha ha! I know that ginger bastard!” and “Andy Herren for President!” Pretty incredible right?!
Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… “From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!” “Dr. Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.”
What would you take into the house and why? 1. My baby blanket. I’ve had it my entire life and it would give me a sense of security and comfort while in the house. 2. a notepad and pen to take notes after competitions/while observing others in the house. DUH. 3. Skittles. Just because, why not? What am I supposed to do if there are no Skittles in the house?
What would you do if “Big Brother” made you famous? If Big Brother made me famous, I would definitely embrace it, but to a certain extent. I would love seeing people smile in my presence (and let’s be real – having the spotlight would feel nice), but I also love my life and my friends and family, and don’t want fame to come in the way of my already-established personal relationships. Thus, I would be sad if horrible tabloid stories were written about me or my loved ones, but I understand that this comes with the territory. Long story short, being famous would be totally cool, but as long as it is on my terms. ME ME ME.
Player History - Big Brother 15
|Week 8||HOH||Previous HOH|
|Week 12||HOH Part 1||Loss|
|HOH Part 2||Win|
|HOH Part 3||Win|
|Week 9||Have/Have-Not Phase Over|
|Week 7||MVP Phase Over|
|Week||Position||Voted for||With Majority?|
|12||HOH||Spencer Clawson||Sole Vote|
|Original Nominees||Post-Veto Nominees||Intended Target|
Post Big Brother
- Andy is the second HouseGuest to win HOH and POV in the same week two times: following Danielle Murphree and before Frankie Grande & Paul Abrahamian.
- He is also the first openly gay houseguest to win HOH and POV in the same week.
- Andy is the third openly gay HouseGuest to reach the final three (Ivette Corredero was the first, Kevin Campbell was the second).
- Andy is the first openly gay HouseGuest to win Big Brother.
- Andy is tied with Aaryn Gries and McCrae Olson for the most competitions won in Big Brother 15 with 5 wins each. Andy won 3 HoHs and 2 PoVs.
- He is the third houseguest to do this in the season
- Andy Herren is the first openly gay houseguest to win 4 competitions in a single season. He would later be followed by Frankie Grande and Jason Roy.
- Andy is the fourth person to win 2 POVs and end up winning the game. Dan Gheesling, Rachel Reilly, and Ian Terry were the first HouseGuests to accomplish this feat respectively (and later Steve Moses and Nicole Franzel).
- Andy made a cameo in the Ginger Fever challenge of Big Brother 17 appearing in a picture with Kathy Griffin.
- Andy is tied with Cody Calafiore, Austin Matelson, Nicole Franzel, and James Huling for the most eviction votes cast in a season with 12.
- He also holds the record for the most votes cast with the majority.
| Succeeded by|
|Big Brother 15 House Guests|