|Born||October 16, 1970|
|Big Brother 1 (UK)|
|Times Nominated||2 (Weeks 6 & 9)|
Anna Nolan is the runner-up of Big Brother 1 (UK).
Anna comes from a large family of five sisters and one brother. Her Mother is her hero having brought up seven children, then got her degree at the age of 59. Her mother says that in the past Anna was very non-confrontational but having lived away from home she has learned to stand up for herself in relation to work and flatmates.
She worked as an office manager for a skateboarding company, but has worked as a banker, basketball coach, novice, domestic in a maternity hospital and a helper in a female prison. Her dream job is to work in the music industry. She says "I'm an easy going gay game for a laugh ex-novice nun. Sweet, kinky, devilish and dirty deep down, gentle and kind to boot!"
She likes low-fat foods, roasts, ham, olives, gherkins, classical music, basketball, Kathy Burke, tuna, cooking, blethering, drinking, jogging, and going to the gym. She dislikes marmite, jellied eels, watery mashed potato, the tube, aubergine, going to work, cleaning, her mother worrying about her
Anna's first holiday was a trip to Southern Spain with her girlfriend and her most memorable was in Vancouver on a basketball tour. She dreams of going to China and Alaska. Music-wise she loves Jazz, Q-Tip, Classical music but hates Everything But the Girl, Vengaboys and Reggae. She is musical though and plays piano, violin, mouth organ and guitar. Anna's favourite songs are Loving you by My love is your love by Whitney Houston, Minnie Riverton, Paranoid Android by Radiohead, Hit me baby one more time by Brittany Spears/Travis and If you love me, really love me by Mary Black.
Her favourite movies are What's eating Gilbert Grape?, Cinema Paradiso, The Wizard of Oz, My life as a dog and The Colour Purple. Anna can't live without her violin, vibrator and slippers. Her friends think she's "A bit of a piss head"
Her good traits are being chatty, eccentric, bright, funny, a true performer, unpredictable, likes a drink, open about her sexuality, chilled, good listener, always buys a round, cracking sense of humour, gregarious, calm, caring and , down to earth. Her bad traits are unreliability, picking toe nails and the odd drunken fart.
She finds big egos, selfishness, superficiality, bigotry annoying in others and has a phobia of heights, crossing the road and fears traffic and losing her partner. In 10 years time she sees herself adopting children, having a nice house and hopefully still in the same relationship.
Player's History - Big Brother 1 (UK)
|Week 1||Weekly Task||Loss|
|Week 2||Weekly Task||Win|
|Week 3||Weekly Task||Win|
|Week 4||Weekly Task||Loss|
|Week 5||Weekly Task||Win|
|Week 6||Weekly Task||Win|
|Week 7||Weekly Task||Loss|
|Week 8||Weekly Task||Loss|
|Week||Nominated||Nominated By||Final Position|
|2|| Andrew Davidson|
|3|| Andrew Davidson|
|4|| Craig Phillips|
|5|| Craig Phillips|
|6|| Craig Phillips|
| Craig Phillips|
|7|| || ||–|
| Claire Strutton|
|8|| Craig Phillips|
Post Big Brother
- Nolan worked for the BBC on two series, Anna in Wonderland and Closure. She also began working for Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ). Nolan co-presented The Afternoon Show on RTÉ One, along with Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh. She spent three years presenting this. She announced in August 2006 that she would not be renewing her contract for the third series. She was replaced with first-season host (who was not present in season 2) Sheana Keane.
- Nolan has stood in for Marian Finucane on RTÉ Radio, most memorably during the Kevin Myers "bastards" controversy in 2005, with the Irish media noting the irony of Nolan being a sister-in-law of Myers.
- In August 2006, Nolan was a presenter of the BBC programme Inside Out when the BBC North East and Cumbria crew filmed Anomalous Phenomena Investigations of Newcastle upon Tyne, conducting a paranormal investigation at Hurworth Grange Community Centre in Hurworth-on-Tees. The show aired on 30 October 2006. Nolan has been an occasional panelist on RTÉ Two discussion show The Panel. From 2007 to 2009 she was a reporter for the RTÉ series Would You Believe. She has cooked a meal on The Restaurant. She hosted Celebrities Go Wild with Aidan Power in October 2007. In December 2007, she presented Webs of Desire on RTÉ One, during which she investigated the sexual possibilities of the internet, attended a fetishist club to discuss bondage discipline sado-masochism (BDSM) with a male person and interviewed an anonymous man who was accompanied by the caption "Individual Addicted to Porn."
- Nolan is now a television producer, and in 2011 produced the show Operation Transformation. In 2012 she directed her first documentary "Perfect Heart", about one man's wait for a heart transplant. She is series producer of the RTE show "Room To Improve". Nolan is about the present "The Great Irish Bake Off" for TV3 and she is the new Development Executive for COCO Television.
- Nolan was previously in a relationship with Dearbhla Walsh, an Emmy Award-winning drama director. She revealed in an interview in 2014 that she was adjusting to being single.
|Big Brother 1 (UK) Housemates|