|Season Run||March 15, 2017 - May 18, 2017|
|Prize Money||$100,000 & Prizes Worth $56,000|
|Previous Season||Big Brother Canada 4|
|Next Season||Big Brother Canada 6|
Big Brother Canada 5 is the fifth season of Big Brother Canada. It was the third season to be broadcast on Global, after seasons three and four. Prizes included the usual $100,000 cash, $30,000 in home furnishings from the Brick, and an '86 sportscar valued at $26,000 from Toyota.
- Sideshow Axed: It was announced the Big Brother Canada Sideshow would be axed from Slice and would be replaced by a weekly Facebook Live.
- Sponsor Changes: OxiClean dropped from the sponsor list and was replaced by Toyota. Kraft also joined the others with a line of peanut butter crackers along with Oreo and ParticpACTION challenges.
- Prize: The winner of the season will win the usual $100,000. The Brick is now giving away $30,000 and Toyota is adding a '86 sportscar valued at $26,000.
- New Entrance Mechanism: Two groups of new players will enter the house followed by returning players entering one by one.
- New Stage: For the first time in history, the stage has changed it's appearance. It now includes stairs and symbolising a space launch. The previous changes were just to the exterior, but it still resembled a house.
- Returning Players: For the first time in Big Brother Canada history, eight houseguests from past seasons will be returning for a second shot at the game.
- Returning Players vs. New Players: There will be eight new houseguests competing against eight houseguests from the past.
- HOH/Immunity Competition: The winners of the first Head of Household competition are immune, but they must select whoever they want to be the HOH.
- Time Warp Immunity: Canada voted for one houseguest to be immune until the jury stage of the game. The majority of Canada voted for Neda Kalantar and she is immune until the jury stage of the game.
- Backwards Week: Right after the Week 3 eviction, houseguests were called to The Bridge one by one to nominate two fellow houseguests for eviction. After the nominated housemates are revealed, the Power of Veto will be played as normal. If the Veto is used, the Veto Holder is immune and another nomination session will take place for the replacement nominee. After the final nominees are set, the HOH competition will take place with the previous HOH and the nominated houseguests to be excluded. The winner of the HOH competition will cast the sole vote to evict.
- Black Hole Power of Veto: Similar to the Secret Power of Veto in Big Brother Canada 2, the holder will have a secret veto to remove a nominee from the block. But unlike the prior veto, the holder will not be known to the rest of the house.
- Triple Eviction: Similar to Big Brother Canada 3, a triple eviction will take out three people in one night.
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10|
|Day 20||Day 27||Day 28||Day 34||Day 41||Day 45||Day 48||Day 55||Day 62||Day 69||Finale|
| Ineligible||Emily||Neda||Jackie|| Vetoed|
| Ineligible||Emily||Neda||Sindy|| Nominations|
| Ineligible||Emily||Neda||Sindy|| Nominations|
| Ineligible|| Nominations|
| Ineligible||Neda||Sindy|| Nominations|
| Ineligible||Emily|| Vetoed|
| Ineligible||Emily||Neda||Sindy|| ||Kevin|
| Ineligible||Emily||Rep|| ||Kevin|
| Ineligible|| |
|Key:||HOH||Nominated||Veto Winner||Immune||Evicted||Jury Member|
|Black Hole POV||Vote to Nominate||Vote to Save||Timewarp Immunity|
|Player Status:||New Houseguests||Returning Houseguests|
Note: In Week 4, Demetres was initially a Have-Not, but he won HOH during "Backwards Week" changing his status to a Have.
Note: Jackie was named a Have-Not but during the previous week's task she won a Slop Pass. Jackie does not have to eat slop, but still have to sleep in the Have-Not Room and take cold showers.''
- + signifies HOH for the week, thus automatic "Have" rights.
- Core Six (Bruno, Demetres, Ika, Kevin, Neda, Sindy)
- Ménage à Trois (Bruno, Kevin, Sindy)
- The French Connection (Dre & William)
- The Gold Diggers (Ika, Neda, Sindy)
- Tortoise and Hare (Cassandra & Gary)
- Dilly Dally (Dillon & Dallas)
- Leftovers (Dre, Jackie, William)
- The Bragade (Cassandra, Ika, Neda, Karen, Sindy)
- The Peasants (Bruno, Kevin, Jackie)
- Beauty and the Beast (Dillon & Emily)
- BLK & SAINT (Bruno, Dillon, Emily, Kevin, Neda)
- Tea Time (Cassandra, Gary, Ika)
Eight new House Guests entered in the "Big Brother Odyssey", which is the house designed with a space theme. They were quickly shocked to see that they would be joined by eight former houseguests (Ika Wong, Kevin Martin, Dallas Cormier, Neda Kalantar, Bruno Ielo, Sindy Nguyen, Cassandra Shahinfar, and Gary Levy) to compete for the grand prize. For the Head of Household competition, a veteran and a new player had to be paired up for the endurance challenge, with Sindy and Karen Singbeil being the last one remaining, and the latter claiming the title of Head of Household. On Day 2, Karen decided to nominate Demetres Giannistsos and Mark Chrysler, predicting them both to be physical threats that could dominate. Bruno won the Power of Veto on Day 3, and decided to not use it on Day 4.
The veterans agreed to work together in the beginning, but there were already cracks forming, as they were undecided on whom out of the two nominees to keep. Bruno and Kevin tried a last minute flip to get Mark to stay by turning all of the vets against Cassandra and to evict Demetres, but the vote came up to a close 7-6 vote to evict Mark on Day 6, after Ika convinced enough people to save Demetres, and blindsiding half of the house. Neda was given the gift of being immune until jury by Canada's vote.
Following Mark's eviction, Demetres managed to win the Head of Household competition, making the people who just voted to evict him nervous. A new alliance called the Core Six (consisting of Demetres, Sindy, Ika, Neda, Bruno, and Kevin) was formed, and Demetres decided to target Dillon Carman, which he promised to do if he stayed in the house. On Day 7, Dillon and Emily Hawkin were nominated, only for Dillon to win the Power of Veto the following day. The newly formed alliance decided that their alternate plan is to backdoor Dallas, as he's too closely aligned to Cassandra, and it's also a way to weaken Dillon and Emily, so he was nominated as a replacement on Day 10. In order to stay in the house, Dallas turned on Dillon, and caused many fights with him to let the know who his target was if he stayed. The plan failed, as Dallas was unanimously evicted by a vote of 12-0 on Day 13.
Following Dallas's eviction, Neda managed to win the Head of Household competition, which kept her dysfunctional alliance safe. This gave her the perfect opportunity to target whomever she wants with no backlash, so she nominated the cunning and manipulative Cassandra as her target, and Jackie McCurach as a pawn on Day 14. On Day 15, William Laprise Desbiens won the Power of Veto, and despite the campaigning from Cassandra, he decided not to use the Power of Veto on either nominee. After trying to campaign to Ika and Demetres for their vote, they refused to flip the votes (due to their alliance), and Cassandra was unanimously voted out with a vote of 11-0 on Day 20.
Week 4 (Backwards Week)
Minutes after Cassandra's eviction, Arisa announces that this week is "Backwards Week", which starts with each houseguest individually voting for 2 people to be nominated for eviction. After everyone voted, the two people to be nominated were Dre Gwenaelle (with 7 votes), and Gary (with 6 votes) for campaigning to keep Cassandra in the house last week. This caused more dissension in the Core 6 alliance, since not everyone in the alliance voted with the house to nominate Gary and Dre.
The Power of Veto competition was played on Day 21, which Neda won, and made the easy decision to not use the power on Day 22. The Head of Household competition took place on the same day, and Demetres won his second consecutive Head of Household competition, which only has the power this week to have the sole vote to evict one of the two nominees. Despite the fact that two of his allies are on the block, with the encouragement of his showmance Ika, he voted to evict the house target Gary from the house on Day 27.
Following Gary's eviction, William ended up becoming the new Head of Household. William was debating on whether to target Bruno, Jackie, or to go with targeting the showmance of Emily and Dillon, and with assistance from Kevin and Ika, he nominated Dillon and Emily on Day 28. Kevin won the veto on Day 29, and was convinced by William at a point in time to use the Power of Veto so he could backdoor Jackie (though William and his ally Dre's intention was to backdoor Bruno instead). Kevin realized that William was about to con him, so he decided to not use the Power of Veto on Day 31, causing friction between him and William.
Dillon and Emily lashed out at their allies Kevin, Bruno, and Neda for being expendable, and the Core 6 became even more fractured, as Ika and Demetres wanted to evict Dillon, while the others wanted to evict Emily. Despite Emily's campaigning, and Dillon's claim that he wants to be evicted, she was blindsided on Day 34 when she was evicted over him with a vote of 8-3.
Minutes after Emily's eviction, Arisa announced that it is a double eviction, and Neda is no longer immune, as jury has officially started. Sindy won the Head of Household competitions, and made the safe nominations of Dillon and Jackie. Jackie won the Power of Veto to save herself, and was shocked to see that no one was happy for her. Ika asked Sindy to backdoor Neda, which quickly got back to Neda, which caused a fight between the two that the entire house heard. Still confused, Sindy asked Kevin and Bruno assistance for who to nominate, and despite their claim to try and protect Neda, Sindy nominated her as a replacement nominee. As a last attempt to save herself, Neda revealed the Core 6 to the entire house, but she was still evicted to become the first member of the jury with a 7-1 vote.
Following Neda's eviction, the remaining houseguests competed in a mental endurance Head of Household, and when it came down to the final 4, Dre, William, and Bruno threw it to Dillon, since he intends to nominate the showmance Demetres and Ika (whom the house was mad at for playing both sides), and to give the others safety for the week. Despite that being the plan, he changed it by nominating Demetres against Jackie on Day 35. The plan for the house to evict Demetres failed when he won the Power of Veto competition, and the reunited Core 5 officially split up again, since Sindy and Ika were the only two people available to nominate outside of the deal he made with the others.
The 5 players outside of the Core 6 (Jackie, Dre, William, Dillon, and Karen) agreed to make a pact to target the others for playing them. On Day 38, William found the Black Hole Power of Veto, which he has the option to use within the next two Power of Veto ceremonies. Despite Bruno and Kevin's efforts, Dillon decided to side and reunite with Demetres and Ika, causing him to nominate and target Sindy as a replacement nominee on the same day. Angered at Ika, Sindy tried to turn the house against her, but her efforts fell flat, as they wanted to break up the "BBCAN3" trio. Sindy was evicted on Day 41 (her birthday) with a 6-1 vote, becoming the second member of the jury.
Following Sindy's eviction, Demetres barely beat Bruno in the Head of Household competition, as they were planning to nominate one another. Bruno and Kevin, with their backs against the wall, decided to make a pitch that Demetres and Ika needs to work with them, since the others are going to group up to take them all out, as they are the biggest targets in the house. Despite their efforts, Demetres nominated them on Day 42.
William won the Power of Veto competition on Day 43, and was pressured by Ika to not use the Veto, telling him that her and Demetres's target is Bruno (though they intended on targeting Kevin). On Day 45, William decided to not use the normal Power of Veto on either of the nominees, because he used the Secret Power of Veto on Kevin. Karen was named as the replacement nominee against Bruno, and lashed out at most of the houseguests. Bruno was evicted with a 5-1 vote on Day 48, becoming the third member of the jury.
After Bruno's eviction, Kevin wins Head of Household, after he told the others that he will target "Demika" if he wins HOH, so the remaining people (French Connection) throw it to him. Despite making his targets known, Kevin had second doubts, but ultimately nominated Ika and Demetres on Day 49. Demetres wins the Power of Veto on Day 50, and uses it to save himself on Day 52. Kevin makes an agreement with them that if he nominates Jackie, and she somehow gets evicted, they will work together for the final 3, which the couple agrees to. Kevin follows through with nominating Jackie on Day 52, and after a lot of flip flopping from Dre, and Dillon selling her out to them, Jackie is evicted on Day 55 by a 4-1 vote, only receiving a vote to stay from Dre, becoming the fourth member of the jury.
Round 2 (Triple Eviction)
Minutes after Jackie's eviction, Arisa announces to the houseguests that it is a Triple Eviction night. Demetres wins his third Head of Household, and decides to nominate Dre, William, and Kevin, since Dillon and Karen are the reason why Ika is still in the house, and for Dre betraying them. Kevin won the Power of Veto competition, avoiding repeating the same fate he faced from his previous season. Dillon is nominated as a replacement nominee, and is saved with 3 votes, causing Dre and William to be evicted together, and becoming the fifth and sixth members of the jury.
After the French Connection's evictions, Kevin wins his second Head of Household, and decides to go after Demetres and Ika for nominating him in the triple, and exposes their supposed final 3 to the house. Despite nominating them on Day 56, he had ulterior plans, which consisted of vetoing Ika, knowing that she would plot her own eviction to spare Demetres. He won the Power of Veto on Day 57, and vetoes her to nominate Dillon on Day 58 in her place, despite creating a final 3 with him. In order to ensure the best chance of Kevin being evicted (as Demetres is the only person who can compete with him, Dillon is evicted over Demetres by a 2-0 vote, making him the seventh member of the jury.
Following Dillon's eviction, Demetres broke the Big Brother record for HOHs, and won his fifth Head of Household. Despite the drama in the showmance, he decided to nominate Kevin and Karen on Day 63, with Kevin being the target. Kevin wins the final Power of Veto of the season, and on Day 64, he finally broke up the showmance by casting the sole vote to evict Ika, making her the eighth member of the jury.
Following Ika's eviction, the final three competed in Part 1 of the final Head of Household competition, which was won by Demetres. Kevin and Karen later competed in Part 2 of the final Head of Household competition, which was won by Kevin. Kevin and Demetres competed in Part 3 of the final Head of Household competition for a final showdown, where Kevin became victorious, as he became Head of Household for the third time. Kevin votes to evict Demetres, making him the ninth and final member of the jury.
- This is the first season of Big Brother Canada to have returning players.
- This is the first season of Big Brother Canada to have a male be the first evictee.
- Since Week 7, either Demetres or Kevin have been the HOH.
- This is the first odd-numbered season of Big Brother Canada to be won by a male.
- ↑ http://canada.bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-canada-5-new-prizes-sponsors/
- ↑ http://canada.bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-canada-5-new-prizes-sponsors/
- ↑ http://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/blog/2017-03-16-canadas-time-warp-results
- ↑ http://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/blog/2017-03-29-backwards-week-explained
- ↑ http://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/blog/2017-04-22-williams-secret-pov-all-the-details
|English||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5|
|French||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7|
|Big Brother Seasons|