|Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US)|
|Season Run||February 7-25, 2018|
|Winner||Marissa Jaret Winokur|
|Previous Season||Big Brother 19|
|Next Season|| Big Brother 20|
Celebrity Big Brother 2 (US)
Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US), also known as Big Brother: Celebrity Edition, is the first edition of Celebrity Big Brother in Big Brother U.S.
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight during Big Brother 17, host Julie Chen revealed that a Celebrity season for Big Brother US was in the works around Big Brother 2 and at one point the production even had cast actress Paris Hilton to compete on the season. However, the season was scrapped because the producers thought that a Celebrity season would cause Big Brother to jump the shark.
However, due to the high ratings of recent seasons, it was announced that the first ever Celebrity edition would air during the winter, following Big Brother 19, with Big Brother 20 to follow in the summer.In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Julie said, "We have discussed it as far back as season 2. And then again about a year or two ago, but the economics didn’t make sense then. We found a way to make it work, and that’s all I can say! Game of Thrones likes to say “winter is coming” — well, guess what? With winter, comes the unexpected… Celebrity Big Brother, baby!" 
It was then announced on December 1, 2017, that the premiere of the season would be on February 7, 2018, and the finale would be later in the month on February 25th. However, the season will air simultaneously to the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Games.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, executive producer Allison Grodner admitted speaking with the producers of Celebrity Big Brother UK on how to cast and deal with the celebrities and their demands. However, there were no special requests. Grodner also said, "We have more games than the other formats. We want the games to be as fair as possible. And we made it clear to the cast — no special treatment."
On January 5, 2018, CBS revealed the airing schedule for the upcoming Celebrity edition with episodes on four nights a week including two-hour episodes. Later once the cast was released, it was announced that evictions would take place on Mondays and Fridays.
|Celebrity Big Brother Schedule - February 2018|
|Key:||Premiere: 8-9pm ET/PT||Normal Episode: 8-9pm ET/PT||Eviction Episode: 8-9pm ET/PT||Eviction Episode: 8-10pm ET/PT||Finale: 8-10pm ET/PT|
Big Brother After Dark returns for Celebrity Big Brother but under the name Celebrity Big Brother After Dark. The format remained the same with different times to reflect the different schedule.
The cast was consistently being teased throughout the weeks leading up to the show. Julie Chen posted a hint of the cast with emojis, announcing a cast of 11, despite the house showing only 10 seats at the table. The cast was set to be announced on January 28th, during the 60th Annual Grammy Awards. But before the show started, a teaser was aired and showed all of their faces in a rapid series of images, with the official announcement happening later on during the show.
|January 30, 2018 House Press Statement|
"“We wanted to elevate the sophistication of the house design for the first-ever Celebrity Edition of BIG BROTHER,” said Allison Grodner, Executive Producer, BIG BROTHER: CELEBRITY EDITION. “Our Houseguests and viewers alike will be transported into the glamour of a Hollywood Hills home that embraces iconic Los Angeles and celebrity themes in every room.”
The glamour is front and center as the double doors of the house open onto a wall of light bulbs backed with gold, highlighting the gold BIG BROTHER “walk of fame” star in the entryway. For the first time, the living room, kitchen and dining room all share one cohesive theme – the Los Angeles skyline – which spans 64’ wide across the entire living space and 23’ tall, from the floor to the ceiling in the two-story space. The impressive 2,768-square-foot mural of the skyline is printed directly onto mirrored plexi-glass to create the sparkle of a night sky.
Another first for the house is a square dining room table, which serves up a formal look of gold flatware and deep green velvet chairs. Behind the dining room table, 108 powder-coated cameras are mounted over tabloid headlines that include the words “star,” “headline” and “famous.” The kitchen is outfitted in dark hardwood and features a unique eat-in banquette, unlike the island previous Houseguests have used. The Celebrity Houseguests will enjoy all new appliances, including the house’s first espresso machine.
A classic Hollywood car greets the Houseguests, with a detailed replica of a 1955 Porsche Spyder hanging from the wall of the bedroom hallway. The car was custom-built for BIG BROTHER: CELEBRITY EDITION. Currently, the engine and all mechanical gear have been removed. Once the show is over, the car body will be returned to its creator and turned into an actual car.
The bedrooms in the house continue the Hollywood Hills theme. This season’s cast will each enjoy their own bed – another Big Brother first. The Red Carpet Arrival bedroom looks like a star-studded premiere event, outfitted with black and white satin sheets, a red carpet and gold stanchions, and even a glamorous step-and-repeat wall to tie the look together. The second bedroom, which is blue, looks like the inside of a celebrity closet with floor-to-ceiling closets, satin hangers, diamonds and shoes. The third bedroom is home to many of Los Angeles’ famous landmarks, including the Hollywood Bowl, the Los Angeles Airport, the Griffith Observatory and Los Angeles City Hall.
This season’s Houseguests will probably spend the most time in the Hollywood speakeasy. The walls are covered with photos depicting stars of classic Hollywood lore, and the dim lighting makes it feel like a very intimate and cozy place – perfect for secret strategy meetings. The chess set, normally upstairs, is now located inside the speakeasy along with a new game, Chinese checkers.
The luxurious bathroom is inspired by Japanese spas and feels like a five-star hotel spa with bamboo, a stone floor, black river rock and an ample sofa. The Celebrity Houseguests will have more privacy than former Houseguests, with a concrete wall that separates the two showers, along with two vanity stations.
Upstairs, the Head of Household suite is a poolside cabana, with a vintage photomural that will make any Houseguest feel like they just stepped into a sunny retreat. The lucky HOH will also enjoy the biggest bed this room has ever seen – two queen-size beds built together. With limited space in the backyard this year due to the constant competitions, a pool-hall bridge has been created upstairs, as well as a new indoor gym, available 24/7. The Celebrity Houseguests will still be able to enjoy time outside for late night fire-pit chats as well as dips in the Jacuzzi."
To celebrate the occasion for the first season of Celebrity Big Brother, CBS announced that first time that there will be more options for staying involved with the show's coverage.
|February 2, 2018 House Press Statement|
BIG BROTHER: CELEBRITY EDITION launches with a three-night premiere event airing Wednesday, Feb. 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Thursday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), and a two-hour live eviction show on Friday, Feb. 9 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). All episodes will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network, as well as stream live and on-demand via CBS All Access. Following the three-night premiere, BIG BROTHER will air for three weeks, with the two-hour finale on Sunday, Feb. 25 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). Click here for the full schedule. CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK premieres on Pop on Wednesday, Feb.7 (12:00-3:00 AM, ET/9:00 PM-12:00 AM, PT) with continuous live, late night coverage seven nights a week leading into the finale.
Details of the social, interactive, multiplatform and additional broadcast features this season include:
BIG BROTHER: CELEBRITY EDITION interactive elements and social media:
BIG BROTHER: CELEBRITY EDITION on CBS.com and the CBS app:
CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK on Pop TV:
Since the inception of Big Brother U.S., the franchise had been available to Canada and seasons 4 & 9 were broadcasted in the United Kingdom. Celebrity Big Brother changed that idea. In a tweet by houseguest James Maslow that stated that it would air on linear television of Canada and Australia and on Youtube in Albania, Bangladesh, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, and Thailand
Later in the week, Channel 9Go announced via video that the show would premiere on February 11, 2018. Days later, Channel 9 announced that episodes would be available the same day on 9Now.. After the first three episodes, 9GO! moved the show to a later timeslot due to struggling ratings around a very low 50K.
Live Feeds Preview
To hipe up the live feeders for the upcoming season. CBS leaked the live feeds for short periods of time from the time the houseguests entered the house until the premiere. The dates and times are shown in BBT (PST):
- February 2 (2:00 PM - 2:15 PM).
- February 5 (6:00 PM - 6:15 PM)
- February 6 (2:00 PM - 2:15 PM).
- February 7 (5:30 PM - 5:45 PM)
- Shorter Season: Due to the fact that the Celebrity houseguests can't commit to a full three month season, the season will last for 26 days, just short of 4 weeks.
- Smaller Prize Money: Since the series is one-third the normal length of a normal season, and due to the fact that the Celebrities will be paid to enter the house, the prize has been cut in half to $250,000.
- No Have-Nots: Announced on Entertainment Tonight, the Celebrities will not have to endure being a have-not. However, slop will still be given out as a punishment. Julie later would say in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that there is not enough time to put the celebrities on slop. But she said that "they (the celebrities) will experience slop at some point during the game." The slop phase of the game only lasted for 48 hours.
- Celebrity Big BroBot: In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, executive producer Allison Grodner announced that there would be a new kind of voting for the celebrity series. However, it was officially revealed as the Celebrity Big BroBot where viewers can interact on Facebook Messenger or Kik. Viewers are able to compete in trivia with the bot and vote for things that can impact the game.
- Lifted Alcohol Restriction: Since the Big Brother 2 (US) knife to the throat incident, the producers have limited the houseguests with how much alcohol they could consume inside the house. However, for the first time, producers had lifted the ban after believing that the celebrity houseguests would play more to the vest adding to the fact that Omarosa could spill intel from the White House.
- Celebrity Houseguests: For the first time in American Big Brother, a group of Celebrity houseguests will enter the house.
- Award Immunity: Seconds before the first Head of Household competition, Julie announced that an immunity award would be presented to the houseguest that stood behind the star with the corresponding number in Julie's envelope. The correct number was 5, so Omarosa Manigault was "awarded" immunity for the first eviction.
- Big Brother Giftbags: A revamped edition of Season 19's Tree of Temptation. However, each houseguest would have their own predetermined bag. The twist would immediately end once the HOH Recast power is used.
- HOH Recast: After the first HOH competition was won by Shannon Elizabeth, the houseguests all grabbed bags. One of those bags contained a power known as the "Recast," where the winner could dethrone the current HOH and take their place.
- Original Jury Format: Due to the Celebrity format, the houseguests will all be apart of the Jury once evicted. However, they will be sent home instead of being sequestered in a Jury house, meaning they can watch the episodes play out before coming back to cast their final vote.
- Pick-A-Veto: Returning from Big Brother: Over The Top with a twist. The audience will be voting between three different types of Power of Veto for the houseguests to compete for in Day 20's live competition.
- Diamond Power of Veto: "The Veto winner has the power to remove one of the nominees from the chopping block and also name the replacement nominee".
- VIP Power of Veto: "The winner of this Veto will have the option to use the Veto once or twice or not all in the same Veto Meeting. If the winner of the VIP Veto removes one of the nominees, he or she will wait for a replacement nominee to be made before deciding if they want to use it a second time".
- Spotlight Power of Veto: The winner of this Veto is guaranteed to be in the spotlight at the Veto Meeting, because this Veto HAS to be used to save one of the two nominees from the chopping block".
- Five Houseguest Finale: For the first time in American history, five houseguests will be still in the house on finale night.
- Final Four, Final HOH: Similar to the Final HOH in Big Brother: Over The Top, four houseguests will play in the competition with the winner selecting one houseguest to take to the finals.
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4|
|Day 1||Day 5||Day 11||Day 14||Day 18||Day 21||Day 24||Day 25||Day 26||Finale|
|Immune||Nominate||Rep: Replacement Nominee||POV Holder||VIP Veto||HOH||Dethroned HOH & Immune||Jury Member||Evicted|
|Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US) Competition History|
|Week 1||1||"Award Squeezin'"||Hold onto a live-sized award statue, the last houseguest to remain on the statue would win HOH.|| |
|5||"Award Squeezin'" Recast||If a houseguest opens their Big Brother Giftbag and it contains the Recast power, they will dethrone the original HOH and take their place.|| |
|6||"The Four Sneezins Spiritual Spa"||Each houseguest had to search the course for letter tiles in order to spell a word. The houseguest with the longest correctly spelled word when the time is up would win the Power of Veto|| |
|Week 2||11||"Celebrity Bowlerina"||One by one each houseguest would spin around until they were dizzy. Then the houseguest must use bowling balls to roll down the lane at pins. If the lane becomes blocked again, the houseguest must twirl around again to be given another chance. The houseguest with the least amount of time while hitting all of the pins wins HOH.|| |
|13||"Now You Sea It"||Two at a time houseguests will face off at the podium. There the houseguests will see a billboard advertising a new star studded cruise. For each bilboard a series of questions will be asked contaning a number. The answer to each question will either be more, exactly, or less. The houseguest who buzzes in first correctly will eliminate their opponenet. If they answer inncorectly they will be eliminated. Last houseguest standing wins the POV.|| |
|"Get Your Putt In Gear"||One by one each houseguest will take turns shooting around a golf course. The player that gets a hole in one from each of the three boxes in order, in the fastest time, will become the new HOH.|| |
|15||"Dining in the Dark"||One at a time each houseguest will make it through a course in the dark as fast as possible. The houseguest with the fastest time will win the POV.|| |
|Week 3||17||"Courtside Seats"||Each houseguest most hold onto their courtyard seat for as long as possible. The last houseguest standing will become the new HOH.|| |
|20||"Invitation Only (VIP POV)"||On go, the houseguests will race down their red carpets and bring their puzzle pieces back to the puzzle board. The first housguest to correctly put their puzzle together, and hit their button will win the VIP POV.|| |
|"Red Carpet Ride"||Once the horn sounds the houseguests must cross the red carpet as quickly as possible without touching the ground below. Once a houseguest makes it across they must hit their buzzer to lock in their time. The three fastest housguests will face off in the final peat. The person who wins the final peat will become the new HOH.|| |
|22||"BB Action Figures"||On go the houseguests must hit their buzzer to start their time, and reveal the first action figure. Then they must label the box with the three housguests they think make up the eyes, nose, and mouth. If incorrect a buzzer will sound, and they must figure out what is wrong, and make changes. The goal is to identify the three facial features on all four action figures in the shortest amount of time. The fastest player will win the POV.|| |
|24||"BB Auction"||A series of questions will be asked based on the BB works of art they studied on the memory wall. The answer will be true or false. For every correct answer they will receive one point. The houseguest with the most points at the end of seven questions will be the new HOH.|| |
|"Art-Rageous"||In front of the memory wall are six paintings. Each painting has a replica located in one of six designated rooms. However, one of the replicas is not an exact match. The goal is to identify which set of paintings is not an exact match. The paintings are numbered 1 through 6. When a houseguest thinks they know the answer they must race to the back patio and lock in their answer by using the number on the painting. If they answer incorrectly they will be eliminated. First housguest to correctly lock in their answer will win the POV.|| |
|"Rocky Mountain Fly"||The houseguests must step into their skis then hit the slope, but they must catch some air and carve up the mountain like never before. The last player to remain on their skis will become the new HOH.|| |
|25||"Get Your Story Straight"||The game will start once the airhorn sounds. They will then begin to climb across a monitor and move the day tiles from the search bar to the correct story. They only can transfer one tile at a time. Once they feel like they have the story right they must hit their enter button to lock their final answer in. However, they only have one opportunity to buzz in. The person who gets the most days correct will win the POV.|| |
|26||"Hash It Out" (Final HoH Sole Part)||The first six evicted houseguests have been very buzzy on their phones and a social media battle has broken out between them. The houseguests will view six battles. In each battle they must identify which former housguest posted an incorrect statment in all caps. For each correct answer they will receive one point. The player to score the most points at the end of six battles will the final HOH.|| |
|1||Phase Not Active|
- Due to the Celebrity format, this is the shortest season of Big Brother U.S. (franchise).
- This is the first season to have 11 HouseGuests.
- It was originally intended to only have 10 HouseGuests, but Omarosa Manigualt became available before the cast was announced, so she was added.
- According to an interview in the Philippines, Pia Wurtzbach, the real Miss Universe 2015 where Ariadna Gutierrez was wrongly announced the winner was also offered to be a house guest. However due to her prior commitments for an upcoming movie, she had to take down the offer.
- After Big Brother 9 (US) and Big Brother: Over The Top, this is the third season to air out of the normal summer schedule.
- After Big Brother 9 (US), it is the second winter season.
- After Big Brother 6 (US), Big Brother 17 (US), and fellow spin-off edition Big Brother: Over The Top, this is the fourth season to have more females than males.
- This is the sixth season where a female won more competitions than a male, following Big Brother 6, Big Brother 7 (All-Stars), Big Brother 8, Big Brother 13, and Big Brother: Over The Top. Females won 8 competitions (5 HoH's, 3 PoV's), while males won 7 ( 3 HoH's, 4 PoV's)
- This is the first season in Big Brother (US) history to have a houseguest that competed on a season of an international version of Big Brother before competing on a season of Big Brother (US).
|Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US) Ratings - In United States|
|1||Wednesday, February 7, 2018||1.8/7||7.27||7.27||1||1||8|||||||
|2||Thursday, February 8, 2018||1.4/5||-22.22%||5.49||-1.48||6.38||3||4||15|||
|3||Friday, February 9, 2018||1.0/4||-21.24%||4.34||-1.15||5.70||2||2||NR|||
|4||Sunday, February 11, 2018||1.2/5||+20.00%||4.79||+0.45||5.47||2||4||T-18|||
|5||Monday, February 12, 2018||1.3/5||+8.33%||5.16||+0.37||5.41||3||3||T-9|||||
|6||Wednesday, February 14, 2018||1.3/5||0.00%||5.21||+0.05||5.38||2||2||T-9|||
|7||Friday, February 16, 2018||1.0/4||-23.08%||4.38||-0.83||5.23||2||2||14|||
|8||Sunday, February 18, 2018||1.2/5||+15.65%||4.91||+0.53||5.19||2||4||11|||
|9||Monday, February 19, 2018||1.2/5||+2.13%||5.11||+0.20||5.18||3||3||T-14|||||
|10||Wednesday, February 21, 2018||1.4/5||+16.67%||5.54||+0.43||5.22||2||2||T-10|||
|11||Friday, February 23, 2018||1.1/5||-25.00%||4.64||-0.90||5.17||2||2||T-19|||
|12||Saturday, February 24, 2018||0.9/4||-14.29%||3.54||-1.10||5.03||2||2||T-24|||
|13||Sunday, February 25, 2018||1.4/5||+50.00%||5.21||+1.70||5.05||2||5||T-10|||
|Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US) DVR Ratings|
|Live +3||Live +7||Live +3||Live +7||Live +3||Live +7||Live +3||Live +7|
|1||Wednesday, February 7, 2018||1.8||2.4||2.5||9||T-15||7,277||8,677||9,088||T-15||22|||
|2||Thursday, February 8, 2018||1.4||2.0||2.2||T-14||T-11||5,498||7,117||7,543||24||18|
|3||Friday, February 9, 2018||1.0||1.6||1.8||T-22||T-11||4,345||NR||6,279||NR||21|
|4||Sunday, February 11, 2018||1.2||1.7||1.9||T-18||T-15||4,798||NR||6,353||NR||25|
|5||Monday, February 12, 2018||1.3||1.7||T-9||5,968||7,024||12|||
|6||Wednesday, February 14, 2018||1.3||1.7||T-9||6,377||7,559||10|
|7||Friday, February 16, 2018||1.0||1.6||T-11||5,882||7,381||14|
|8||Sunday, February 18, 2018||1.2||1.6||T-11||6,099||7,036||11|
|9||Monday, February 19, 2018||1.6||1.9||T-12||6,124||7,134||14|||
|10||Wednesday, February 21, 2018||1.8||2.2||10||6,533||7,525||12|
|11||Friday, February 23, 2018||1.6||2.1||T-12||5,945||7,242||17|
|12||Saturday, February 24, 2018||1.3||1.7||T-17||4,558||5,653||19|
|13||Sunday, February 25, 2018||1.7||2.0||11||6,077||6,937||15|
Official ratings are taken from Nielsen.
Episodes in Blue are not yet official. Episodes 2-13 were up against the 2018 Winter Olympics.
Note: If a show is not in the Top 25 Weekly DVR Ratings, it will not be in the ratings.
|Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US) Ratings - In Canada|
|Season Avg Viewers|
|1||Wednesday, February 7, 2018||1.491||1.491||10|||
|2||Thursday, February 8, 2018||1.103||-0.388||1.297||21|
|3||Friday, February 9, 2018||1.205||+0.102||1.266||18|
|4||Sunday, February 11, 2018||1.120||-0.085||1.230||20|
|5||Monday, February 12, 2018||1.016||-0.104||1.187||10|||
|6||Wednesday, February 14, 2018||1.157||+0.141||1.182||5|
|7||Friday, February 16, 2018||1.051||-0.106||1.163||9|
|8||Sunday, February 18, 2018||0.960||-0.091||1.139||14|
|9||Monday, February 19, 2018||1.112||+0.152||1.135||10|||
|10||Wednesday, February 21, 2018||1.147||+0.035||1.136||9|
|11||Friday, February 23, 2018||0.989||-0.158||1.123||14|
|12||Saturday, February 24, 2018||0.781||-0.197||1.094||23|
|13||Sunday, February 25, 2018||1.087||+0.306||1.094||12|
|Celebrity Big Brother 1 (US) Ratings - In Australia|
|1||Sunday, February 11, 2018||52K||52K||NR|||
|2||Monday, February 12, 2018||41K||-11K||46.5K||NR|||
|3||Tuesday, February 13, 2018|
|4||Wednesday, February 14, 2018|
|5||Thursday, February 15, 2018|
|6||Sunday, February 18, 2018|
|7||Monday, February 19, 2018|
|8||Tuesday, February 20, 2018|
|9||Wednesday, February 21, 2018|
|10||Thursday, February 22, 2018|
|11||Sunday, February 25, 2018|
|12||Monday, February 26, 2018|
|13||Tuesday, February 27, 2018|
Official ratings are taken from OzTAM.
|Key:||Increase||Decrease||Original Timeslot||Bumped Timeslot|
- CBS Official Site
- Pop TV - Celebrity Big Brother After Dark
- Live Feeds - Requires CBS All-Access Subscription
- Wikipedia Page
|United States Seasons|
|English||Broadcast||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20|