|Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up|
|Season||3rd Civilian (7th Overall)|
|Season Run||October 24, 2009 - February 13, 2010|
|Host|| Toni Gonzaga|
Paul Jake Castillo
|Previous Season||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus|
|Next Season||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010|
Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up was the 3rd civilian season and the 7th series overall of Pinoy Big Brother, which began on October 4, 2009 on ABS-CBN. Toni Gonzaga, Mariel Rodriguez, and Bianca Gonzalez reprised their hosting duties this season. It ran for 133 days until February 13, 2010, which broke Season 2's record for the longest stay of housemates inside the house by only one week, only to be broken by Pinoy Big Brother: Unlimited in 2011.
The winner of the new season received an LCD TV set, an Asian tour package, a business package, a house and lot, and PHP 1 million in cash. The winner also donated another PHP 1 million to a charity of their choice, making Double Up the first non-celebrity season to do so.
This season also marked the return of Pinoy Big Brother UpLate, after being replaced by Pinoy Big Brother Über in the second Celebrity Edition and Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus. Mariel continued hosting "Über" while Bianca took the helm for UpLate. Episodes from the previous week were also recapped through a weekend program on Studio 23 entitled Pinoy Big Brother: Primetime Weekends on 23 and delayed, but unedited late morning/early afternoon feed through Pinoy Big Brother: Raw on Studio 23.
Melisa Cantiveros emerged as the winner of this season.
This season saw a slight change in the Pinoy Big Brother logo, as it was changed from the original "blue" logo to a "red" one.
There were two sets of auditions for this season. The first set was held in late 2007 at several cities in the Philippines, as well as the cities of Madrid, Milan, and Dubai. Those auditions also produced the housemates for Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition Plus. A second series of auditions, which included selections for the third Teen Edition, were held in several key cities in the Philippines and the cities of Tokyo and San Francisco. An estimated 57,824 people attended the auditions. From those two auditions, only 50 people were reportedly chosen for the shortlist. A total of 26 housemates entered the House, with 14 on Day 1 and ten on Day 7. The last two housemates entered on Day 43.
The Twists Edit
- Double Up: For the first time in Pinoy Big Brother history, there will be two similar fully furnished houses with two separate groups of housemates living on each house.
- Double-Up Housemates: Two sets of identical twins were included in the roster of housemates - with each member of the twins living in both parts of the house, switching between the two areas when instructed. However, the rest of the housemates do not know about the twins, or the fact that there are two houses. The twins will also receive immunity from nomination for eviction during the first nomination night if they succeed in keeping this a secret, but if they do reveal it they will be forcibly evicted.
- House Swaps: Housemates are made to swap houses and group members as instructed by Big Brother.
- Big Brother Swap - Carrying on from the second regular season, a Filipino housemate would temporarily trade places with a housemate from another active Big Brother season abroad.
- Bagyong Walay (Typhoon Apart): Big Brother instructed female housemates from Houses A and B to swap houses and teams.
- Bagyong Isa (Typhoon Unite): Housemates from both houses will be staying in one house. 14 housemates should survive Vote to Evict in order for them to stay in one house.
- Vote to Evict: The public has given the power to vote to evict a housemate. The housemate with the highest votes will be evicted at the end of the week.
- Save-Evict Voting System : The public votes to save or evict a housemate. Housemate with the lowest net votes, save and evict votes combined, is evicted.
- Head of Household and Hand Grenade: The Head of Household twist is once again used with the Hand Grenade as the new addition. Both were implemented after the housemates began living in one house. The Hand Grenade goes to the ultimate loser in the HOH competition.
- Char-Char Change: Big Brother made a fake announcement that public voting is discontinued and the housemates themselves will vote among the nominees for who should be evicted, but the ultimate fate will still be decided by the public. Big Brother used this system to show each housemate's true feelings toward their fellow housemates. The name of the twist is a play on Charter change and "Char-Char," which is Filipino slang for "false."
- Resbak Attack: On Day 105 (January 16, 2010), after Cathy's eviction, the show announced a new twist involving ex-housemates re-entering House B to compete with the remaining housemates. Cathy, the latest evictee, was instructed by Big Brother to move to House B instead of formally exiting the Pinoy Big Brother House. Princess, Delio, Tom, Rob, Yuri, Patrick and Rica joined Cathy at House B. Tom later voluntary exited and was replaced by Kenny. These eight ex-housemates competed with the remaining eight housemates with the pot money of the Big Four at stake. From the name itself, the ex-housemates had the task of seeking revenge on the remaining eight housemates. The word Resbak is a Filipino slang for revenge
- House Players (The Attackers): Evicted or Former housemate/s will return to the house to test the remaining official housemates through tasks set by Big Brother and the audience.
- The Big Jump to the Big Night: The seven remaining housemates will undergo a series of challenges. The overall winner will be granted permanent immunity from nominations and automatic inclusion into the Big Night.
- The White Room: Two of the six remaining housemates would undergo an endurance challenge in a purely white room for a chance to win a brand-new house and lot. A housemate would lose the challenge if he or she pressed a red button somewhere in the room.
- Big Five - Big Brother decided to put five housemates in contention for the Big Winner title instead of the standard four; the "Fifth Big Placer" would get PHP100,000 as his prize and the same amount for his chosen charity. Big Reveal - For the first time in the franchise's history, the actual ranking of the finalists were revealed to the public before the Big Night. This happened on Day 129.
The House Edit
This season saw the house's interior being rebuilt and was replaced by two equal sized houses. With the Double Up twist, this season featured two separate fully furnish houses with two separate sets of housemates.
The two houses this season are called as "House A" and "House B".
- House A's interior was dominated by a lime green mosaic art walls, inspired by the architectural designs of Antoni Gaudí, especifically his designs on Güell Park.
- House B's interior was inspired by Vincent van Gogh's artworks, mostly a fusion of "The Starry Night" and "Bedroom in Arles".
The two houses were similar in size and both furnished with the same amenities, although it was smaller than the houses of the three previous seasons. The Garden Areas reduced in size as well. House A's garden inherited the large infinity pool from Teen Edition: Plus. House B's garden area was actually the previous seasons' Activity Area, hence only having a simple terrace area with a jacuzzi at one side. The Activity Area for this season was moved to the Eviction Hall.
The two houses were united and connected by one confession room and one storage room.
|Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13||Week 14||Week 15||Week 16||Week 17||Week 18||Week 19|
|Day 50 - Typhoon Apart||Day 63 - Typhoon Unite|
|Melisa||Team A||Team B|
|Paul Jake||Team A||Team A|
|Jason||Team A||Team A|
|Johan||Team A||Team A|
|Mariel||Team B||Team A|
|Kath||Team B||Team A|
|Hermes||Team B||Team B|
|Cathy||Team A||Team B||Attackers|
|Sam||Not in House||Team B||Team A|
|Rica||Team A||Team B||Attackers|
|Patrick||Team B||Team B||Attackers|
|Carol||Team B||Team A||Team B|
|Rocky||Not in House||Team B||Team B|
|Yuri||Team B||Team A||Attackers|
|Rob||Team A||Team B||Team B||Attackers|
|Key:||Original Team A||Original Team B||Post-Swap Team A||Post-Swap Team B||United House||The Attackers|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13||Week 14||Week 15||Week 16||Week 17||Week 18||Week 19|
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4 - Day 7||Day 8 - Day 14||Day 15 - Day 21||Day 22||Day 23||Day 24||Day 25 - Day 28||Day 29 - Day 35||Day 36 - Day 38||Day 39 - Day 42||Day 43 - Day 49||Day 50 ( Typhoon Apart )||Day 51 - Day 56||Day 57 - Day 62||Day 63 (Typhoon Unite )||Day 64 - Day 70||Day 71 - Day 77||Day 78 - Day 84||Day 85 - Day 91||Day 92 - Day 98||Day 99 - Day 105||Day 106 - Day 112||Day 113 - Day 119||Day 120 - Day 126||Day 127 - Day 132||Day 133 (Big Night)|
|Melisa||House B||House A||House B||House A||House B||House A|
|Paul Jake||House A||House B||House A||House A|
|Jason||House A||House B||House A||House A|
|Johan||House A||House B||House A||House A|
|Tibo||House A||House B||House A||House A|
|Mariel||House B||House A||House B||House A||House A|
|Kath||House B||House A||House B||House A||House A|
|Hermes||House B||House A||House B||House B||House A|
|Cathy||House A||House B||House A||House B||House A||House B|
|Sam||Not in House||House B||House A||House A|
|Rica||House A||House B||House A||House B||House A||House B|
|Patrick||House B||House A||House B||House B||House A||House B|
|Carol||House B||House A||House B||House A||House A|
|Rocky||Not in House||House B||House B||House A|
|Yuri||House B||House B||House A||House B||House A||House B|
|Rob||House A||House B||House A||House B||House B||House B|
|Patria||House B||House A||House B|
|Tom||House B||House A||House B||House B|
|Delio||House B||House A||House B|
|Yhel||House B||House A|
|Princess||House A||House B|
|JM||House B||House A|
|Toffi||House B||House A|
|Kenny||House A||House B||House B|
|JP||House A||House B|
The Big Brother SwapEdit
|Task No.||Date given||Description||Team A Result||Team B Result|
|1|| October 5, 2009|
| The Hot Seat|
Once the Getting to Know You tune plays, one housemate has to go to the Hot Seat where his/her housemates will ask questions. Only when they hear the tune again can they stop the task. By the end of the week, the housemates should get a particular collective grade to win the task.
|2|| October 10, 2009|
| Secret Relationships|
Patrick must assume Jimson's place as Kath's husband as the three of them enter House B. Rob and Rica will join the housemates in House A and must act as they are in a relationship. The result will determine whether the housemates will get their weekly budget or not.
|3|| October 18, 2009|
| TakFan Mo Dance|
The housemates are assigned to replicate the fan dance number of a music video from the DJ Ozma song Drinking Boys. Each house would have a starting score. Each housemate who opts to go naked will have 50 points for the house while 20 for those who would wear a T-back bikini. However, housemates who have issues with the two daring options can go for a flesh-colored bodysuit without any extra points being given. The lower part will be covered by a smiley sticker, which would result in a 15-point deduction from the team's total every time it (or part of) is revealed. The word TakFan is a play on the Tagalog word takpan (to cover up).
|4|| October 26, 2009|
| This is Stitch|
In connection with the Big Brother Swap, the housemates are given a pattern to which they have to do a Cross-stitch weaving, with the colors of their choice. Assessment would be done by the Swapped Finnish housemate Kätlin and her choice would also determine the House where she would take up residence. The title is a play of This is It.
|5|| November 2, 2009|
| Cultural Variety Show|
The housemates had to prepare a 30-minute variety show which portrays the Filipino culture. Its actual purpose was for Kätlin to determine which group exhibited Filipino hospitality the most towards her.
|6|| November 8, 2009|
| Pinoy Big Battle|
The houses will face-off in five different challenges. As warm-up, a rap session will start each game. The group who would win the majority of the games will be declared the champion.
|7|| November 14, 2009|
| The Skill-ing Bee|
The houses will face-off in five different skill-based challenges. A guest will be invited to serve as a judge in each task. The team who triumphs in most of the games will be declared the overall winner and be given a chance to automatically nominate a housemate from the losing team. The title of the weekly task is a play of ABS-CBN show The Singing Bee.
|Swap between Female Members||Neo-Team A Result||Neo-Team B Result|
|8|| November 23, 2009|
| PBB Double UpLoad|
The housemates in each House will have to make a three-minute viral video which would be uploaded in the Pinoy Big Brother Multiply website. The video with the most number of views wins the task
|9|| November 29, 2009|
The housemates will undergo one-on-one challenges with the housemates of the other house. A running total is kept after each round, with the house with the most points after five games winning.
|House United||Housemates' Result|
|10|| December 7, 2009|
| Ang Baristas|
The housemates were divided into pairs. Each pair were to perform two routines, one of the first three routines and the last routine taught by the guest bartenders. (50% of weekly allowance)
|11|| December 13, 2009|
| Inter-Big Brother Competition|
The housemates were assigned to make sculptures out of various food items and would compete against the housemates of a fake Indian Big Brother franchise. This aims to test the housemates' competitiveness, nationalism and teamwork. (100% of weekly allowance)
|12|| December 23, 2009|
| Exchange Gifts|
The housemates were to teach Annina four tasks, in exchange for four tasks which Annina will be teaching them.(100% of weekly allowance)
|13|| December 26, 2009|
| Pinoy Big Blast|
The housemates were assigned to organize a concert they will all perform in during the eviction night on January 2, 2010. They can only make ten or less mistakes or Big Brother would declare the task a failure.
|14|| January 4, 2010|
The housemates can only sleep for a maximum of 2,010 minutes (roughly 33 hours) for the entire week and the timer starts once at least one housemate closes their eyes. At the same time, the housemates should hit a sipa washer 2,010 times using any part of their body except their heads.
|15|| January 11, 2010|
The housemates were grouped into three where they were assigned to guess the exact number of yellow, blue, and green balls that were stashed in the middle of House A's oval couch and they cannot take the balls anywhere else rather than in the couch.
|16|| January 18, 2010|
| Resbak Attack|
The housemates must face the challenges brought to them by the returning ex-housemates. These challenges involved building and defending two towers of dominoes, handling and protecting a group of eggs, and competing in certain games.
Weekly Budget HistoryEdit
|Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13||Week 14||Week 15||Week 16||Week 17||Week 18||Week 19|
|Typhoon Apart||Typhoon Unite||Big Night|
|Housemate|| 2- |
| 2- |
- For the first time in Pinoy Big Brother history, two separate, furnished, equal-sized houses were built fr this season where two sets of housemates lived.
|Civilian||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 8|
|Combined||5 · 6 · 7|
|Celebrity||1 · 2|
|Teen||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|Big Brother Seasons|