|Birth Date||December 9, 1985|
|Season||Big Brother 14|
|Alliances|| Team Touché |
The Quack Pack
|Loyalties|| Danielle Murphree|
|HOH Wins||2 (Weeks 3 & 6)|
|Times Nominated||3 (Weeks 2, 9 & Day 69)|
|Veto Wins||4 (Weeks 1, 2, 3 & Day 64)|
|Other Prizes||Trip to Meet the Olympic Girls Gymnastics Team|
Shane Meaney was a HouseGuest on Big Brother 14. Shane was a member of Team Britney in the Coaches twist. In the house, Shane proved himself to be a threat, winning three consecutive Power of Veto competitions within the first three weeks and eventually becoming the second male HouseGuest in Big Brother history to win six overall competitions (2 HoH's and 4 PoV's) following Frank Eudy. On Day 69, Shane became the replacement nominee when Head of Household Danielle decided to take Dan off the block with the Power of Veto. He was then blindsided when Dan cast the sole vote to evict him. As a result, Shane placed 4th and became the sixth member of the Jury.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Shane Meaney
Hometown: Bennington, Vt.
Occupation: House Flipper
Three adjectives that describe you: Passionate, funny and honest.
Favorite Activities: Working out, renovating houses, hitting golf balls off my deck into the woods and spending time with my friends and family.
Most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Eating the slop because I'm used to my roommate’s cooking.
Strategy for winning “Big Brother:” Make friends with people in the house while maintaining my competitive nature...oh, and have fun!
Who is your hero and why: My dad. He is an accomplished musician, loving husband, great father and would do anything for me or my sister.
What are you afraid of: Failure, mice and drowning.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of: Graduating Pre-Med with a 3.8 grade point average.
Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… work hard and play harder.
What would you take into the house and why: My iPod since I can’t live without music, my dog Dozer and a pull up bar because I gotta keep those muscles alive.
Player History - Big Brother 14Edit
|Week 1||HOH/HTR||Not Chosen|
- Note: In Week 1, JoJo, Shane, and Willie won the first HOH competition, but their coach, Britney, had to choose who would be HOH. She chose Willie.
|Week 8||Have/Have-Not Phase Over|
|Week||Position||Voted for||With Majority?|
|POV Holder||Frank Eudy||No|
|2||Used POV on Self||Danielle Murphree||No|
|9||Used POV on Self||Jenn Arroyo||Yes|
|Finale||Jury Member||Ian Terry||Yes|
|Original Nominees||Post-Veto Nominees||Intended Target|
On Week 3, the Coaches were given the opportunity to enter the game as players. Since the majority of the coaches chose to enter the game, the eviction was cancelled.
Post Big BrotherEdit
- Shane was the first and, so far, is the only HouseGuest to win the first three Power of Veto competitions in a season.
- Shane was the last member of Team Britney remaining in Big Brother 14.
- Shane is tied with James Zinkand and Frank Eudy for the most consecutive Power of Veto wins with three in a row.
- Shane was the second HouseGuest to win the Power of Veto in all three situations (as HOH, as a nominee, and as a picked player). The first HouseGuest to do this was Daniele Donato in Big Brother 8. Paulie Calafiore and Corey Brooks later became the third and fourth HouseGuests to do this respectively in Big Brother 18.
- Coincidentally, this happened within the first three weeks when won the PoV in all three situations.
- Shane competed in every Power of Veto competition except for Week 8's competition in Big Brother 14.
- Shane was the second HouseGuest to have his or her nominations voided (after Chima Simone).
- He was the first and, so far, is the only HouseGuest from Vermont.
- Since Willie was given the title of Head of Household by Britney, Shane was the only member of Team Britney to win individual competitions.
|Big Brother 14 House Guests|