|Birth Date||January 12, 1982|
|Season||Big Brother 17|
The Sixth Sense
|Loyalties|| Clay Honeycutt|
|HOH Wins||2 (Weeks 2 & 4)|
|Times Nominated||2 (Weeks 6 & 7)|
Shelli Poole was a houseguest on Big Brother 17. Shelli, along with the rest of The Sixth Sense ran the house for the first half of the game, dismantling the season's original power alliance, The Goblins.
In Week 6, she and her showmance, Clay, were nominated against each other when The Goblins returned to power. Shelli survived the eviction. But she then became nominated and eventually eliminated in Week 7. The votes were initially set to evict Vanessa, one of her closest remaining allies, but then the house flipped, and Shelli became eliminated during the first half of the first Double Eviction by a unanimous 8-0 vote. She placed 11th and was the first member of the jury.
Birthday: January 12, 1982
Shelli is a fraternal twin and the middle of five children, so she's been fighting for attention since a young age. Shelli has been in relationships for as far back as she can remember and got married when she was 28 years old. After just a year, Shelli divorced her husband only to hop right back into a relationship with a childhood friend. Last summer, she was watching Big Brother and told her boyfriend at the time she wanted to apply. He mocked her, and that was enough for Shelli to push her dreams aside. Shelli is now single, living on her own as a successful career woman, and stopping at nothing to fulfill her dream of entering the Big Brother house. This Atlanta native is a right mix of southern charm and city grit. At 33 years old, Shelli is finally doing what she wants to do, so don’t get in her way.
Correct bio from her blog:
I have the utmost respect for CBS, but whoever wrote this bio was highly misinformed. Yes, I am a fraternal twin, from Atlanta, and I was married at 28. But I went through a divorce for an entire year before I started dating again (I did not "hop right back into a relationship"), and it was not with a "childhood friend" (we had known each other for several years, but not as kids). But most importantly: he was and still is one of my best friends, who has always supported my dreams and never would have "mocked me." I don't know where that came from because I never said such a thing. I was offended to see my name and picture attached to false statements about my past and relationships. And finally, I would never allow someone to make me "push my dreams aside." I did accomplish my Big Brother dream... but no one told me I couldn't.
Player History - Big Brother 17
|Week 3||HOH||Previous HOH|
|Week 5||HOH||Previous HOH|
|Week||Position||Voted for||With Majority?|
|Finale||Jury Member||Steve Moses||Yes|
|Original Nominees||Post-Veto Nominees||Intended Target|
- Shelli is the oldest houseguest on Big Brother 17.
- She is the youngest cast member to be the oldest of their season.
- Shelli is the first houseguest in Big Brother 17 to win multiple HOH competitions.
- She is also the first houseguest in Big Brother 17 to remain HOH multiple times.
- In both of her HOH reigns, Shelli targeted and evicted both of her Day 1 alliance members Da'Vonne and Audrey Middleton.
- She is also the only one from that alliance to make it to the jury stage.
- Ironically, Shelli, and her Day 1 alliance were also the first three females to be evicted from Big Brother 17.
- Shelli had a twin but was not part of the Twin Twist.
- Shelli, along with Clay, Da’Vonne, Jeff, and Vanessa (until finale night) always voted with the majority.
- Shelli's votes to evict went to HouseGuests whose names started with the letter J.
- Shelli is the only Jury member in Big Brother 17 who always voted with the majority.
- Shelli's birth name was Audrey Caroline, but because her parents did not like that name, they changed it to Melissa Michelle.
- She is the only member of the Sixth Sense alliance to not vote for Liz Nolan. Her reason was that she was rooting for Steve to win out of the two of them.
- Shelli revealed to Julie during her eviction interview that she and Clay were closer with Steve and John than their alliance.
- She is the second person to complete a punishment they had to do 2,400 times in 24 hours the first being Brittany Martinez.
- Shelli is the lowest placing houseguest in Big Brother US history with multiple HoH wins. She finished in 11th place. Other houseguests that won two or more HoHs finished in at least 9th place or higher.
|Big Brother 17 House Guests|