The Unitard is a recurring item in Big Brother. It is attire that is usually a form of punishment that a houseguest can receive as a result of a Power of Veto competition (and in some cases a Head of Household competition). The House Guest that wins it will usually have it wear it for the remaining duration of the week. The Red Unitard was used in seasons 8 through 10, and a different version has appeared in every subsequent season.
Big Brother 8
Big Brother 9
The unitard was won by Sheila Kennedy in the Power of Veto competition, Color of Veto.
Big Brother 10
The unitard was won by Michelle Costa in the Power of Veto competition, Slap Shot.
Big Brother 11
This is the first variation of the unitard. This unitard featured oversized goggles, a black cape, and gold shorts with "Captain Unitard" written across the front of the top. It was won by Lydia Tavera.
Big Brother 12
This was the second variaton of the unitard, which was tie-dyed and dubbed the "hippietard". It was won by Kristen Bitting in the Power of Veto competition, The Wizards of Pinball.
Big Brother 13
This is the third variation of the unitard, which was green, donned with a pink tutu, a dunce cap, and had "I'm with stupid" written on the front. It was called the "humilitard" and it was won by Jordan Lloyd in the Power of Veto competition Big Brother Cornhole.
Big Brother 14
The fourth variation was won by Frank Eudy in the Week 4 Power of Veto competition. This one was purple with "BBU" written on the front and donned with a blue and white skirt. It was called the "spiritard".
Big Brother 15
Candice Stewart was given a clown unitard, or "clownitard," to wear as a punishment after the Week 6 Power of Veto competition.
Big Brother 16
Nicole Franzel was given a "Germitard" after winning it in the Week 4 Veto competition. The Germitard was a German folk costume, and came with a large sausage attached to a pitchfork.
Big Brother 17
Jackie Ibarra was given a "Knight in Shining Armortard" after winning it in the Week 6 Veto competition. The Knight in Shining Armortard was a silver unitard with a helmet, knight armor and a shield, it also came with Vanessa Rousso becoming her "squire" and being shackled together for the next 24 hours cleaning Jackie's shield, armor and helmet. After the 24 hours were up, Vanessa was allowed to remove the squire costume, but Jackie had to continue to wear the armor for the rest of the week,
- Since the tenth season, the Veto competition, in which this punishment is earned, has alternated between weeks 4 and 6.
- In the case of Big Brother 11, it was likely that the HOH competition featuring the unitard was originally meant to be played as a Veto competition.
- Frank Eudy is so far, the only male to wear the unitard.
- All contesants who have worn the unitard has never made it to the final two in the season in which he or she wore the unitard.
- Lydia Tavera, Kristen Bitting and Candice Stewart are the only people to be evicted while wearing the unitard.
- Kristen Bitting is the only person to have worn the unitard and not make the jury.
- Jordan Lloyd is the only returning houseguest to wear the unitard; she wore it during her second season, Big Brother 13.